GameSpy Rangers
{DFH} Clan
AMX Mod X

Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
developer
Developer

DoD_Medic_Class (v.76.8)

DoD_Medic_Class

"It was requested that code I used to "create" a medic class be seperated from the damage mod plugin... here it is..."
~ =|[76AD]|= TatsuSaisei

DESCRIPTION:
* This is a medic class. The medic comes equip with MedKits and Syringes. The main ability a medic has is the ability
to heal their teammates automatically, just by simply being near them. The MedKits can be used to provide "chunks" of health
and are also recognized by my Damage Mod (will heal broken legs/arms head trauma) The syringes are used to provide
a temporary stamina boost (at the cost of some health) allowing a soldier to run faster and longer. A medics inventory
will display when a medic tries to become a medic while they are a medic, or when ever they "drop" an item. Dropping an item
is as simlpe as using the secondary fire button while having the pistol or knife currently selected.

INSTRUCTIONS:

X. IF necessary compile source code (dod_medic_class.sma) into an actual plugin file (dod_medic_class.amxx)
*1. Install plugin (dod_medic_class.amxx) into amxmodx/plugins folder on the game server
*2. Install language file (dod_medic_class.txt) into amxmodx/data/lang folder on the game server
3. IF desired, put in custom settings for cvars in the amxx.cfg file located in amxmodx/config folder
4. IF you are updating from a previous version it is highly suggested that you do a complete server reboot
5. Add any custom language translation to the dod_medic_class.txt file and send me a copy of your translation to TatsuSaisei@76AD.com ;P

* Say Commands:
say_team /medic - Call for medic (recommended as enemy will not see but can hear...)
say /medic - Call for medic (menu driven)
say /medicmenu - Display the Medic Class Menu
say /medicinfo - Show info about the Medics on your team (# and name(s))

* Console Commands:
class_medic - Change to Medic Class
voice_medic - Call out for a Medic

* Cvars:
mp_limitaxismedic "3" - Axis Medic Class Limits
mp_limitalliedmedic "3" - Allied Medic Class Limits
dod_enable_medic "1" - enables/disables medic class
dod_enable_medic_stats "1" - enables/disables medic class stats logging
dod_enable_medic_strip "1" - enables/disables medic ability to pickup primary weapons (1 = strip and remove)
dod_enable_medic_menu "1" - enables/disables medic menu to allow players an easier interface at becoming a medic (will occur at Round Start or Player Spawn - normal rules still apply)
dod_medic_healhp "10" - how much hp a medic can give to a player
dod_medic_kits "10" - how many medkits a medic gets per life
dod_medic_kits_life "30.0" - amount of seconds a medkit will exist in the world if a player has not touched it
dod_medic_spawn_distance "256" - distance a player must be within their spawn location to make the change to a Medic
dod_medic_minhp "100"- how much hp a player must have to become a medic (discourages coming back to spawn to get free health benefits)
dod_medic_syringes "3" - how many syringes a medic gets per life
dod_medic_boost_amt "25" - how much stamina boost a medic can give to a player
dod_medic_boost_duration "10.0" - amount of seconds a player will be "boosted"
dod_medic_boost_life "10.0" - amount of seconds a syringe will exist in the world if a player has not touched it
dod_medic_boost_dmg "10" - damage for accepting a stamina boost
dod_medic_freehealth_time "1" - number of seconds a medics distance from their location will be checked against his teammates location
dod_medic_freehealth_max "100" - maximum limit before free health stops giving
dod_medic_freehealth_distance "256" - distance a player must be from the medic to get free health
dod_medic_freehealth_amount "1" - amount of health a player will get by being near a medic per number of seconds set in freehealth_time
dod_medic_colt_ammo "9" - amount of bullets to give the US medic
dod_medic_luger_ammo "8" - amount of bullets to give the Axis medic
dod_medic_webley_ammo "6" - amount of bullets to give the British medic
dod_medic_grenade_ammo "2" - amount of grenades to give the medic

VERSION INFO:
* Plugin Inception

76.1 2/1/07
* Public Release

76.2 2/14/07
* If the dod_damageinfliction.amxx plugin is used it MUST be listed BEFORE this plugin in plugins.ini !!
* New method for becoming a medic
* Custom models now used to show who is a medic, and for medic items
* Completely new method of healing Soldiers !!

76.3 2/15/07
* Completely fixed spawning behavior to correct issue of becoming a medic with no weapons !!
* added cvars to control amount of pistol ammo medics get for grabbing primary weapons and ammo boxes

76.3a 2/15/07
* left a tiny bit of code out, which caused MAJOR problems when trying to become a medic the second time (thanx Aaron for finding)

76.3b 2/22/07
* Corrected a minor issue brought to my attention by: raserle (Paradeplatz der Gardejaeger)

76.3c 2/22/07
* Re-Corrected a minor issue brought to my attention by: raserle (Paradeplatz der Gardejaeger)

76.4 2/23/07
* Cleaned up minor items
* Added new stats tracking
* added class limiting

76.5 52/24/07
* Checking if model exists. If model is not installed properly then thh plugin is simply disabled. (prevents server crash 'file failed to load')
* Changed the behavior that allows players to become Medics

76.6 3/16/07
* Fixed stamina issue where Medics or "boosted" players would "keep" their "altered" minimum stamina values
* Added check for minimum health before allowing a player to be a medic (discourages coming back to spawn to get free health benefits)
* Added option to display a menu on screen at Player Spawn to allow for increased/easier class switching
* Added a Medic Help Page !!!
* Added a language file for international usage (English only at this time: email translations to TatsuSaisei@76AD.com)
* Moved Medic Help Body to language file. Max length is defined in the plugin for 512 characters - it is only suggested that this "info" be changed only if the Medic help page appears to be down for more then 72 hours

76.7 4/27/2007
* Added Russian Language (dod_medic_class.txt) tranlsations (credit: IV|XX|OnEHiTwOnDeR|SoCal )
* Added French Language (dod_medic_class.txt) tranlsations (credit: (plugin) Pvt. Leduc [29th ID] | (webpage) Hunney Bunney)
* Added German Language (dod_medic_class.txt) tranlsations (credit: =|[76AD]|= MasterF)
* Completely altered the spawn catching routine to now support deathmatch style maps
* This is the last version before the major changes listed for the newer enhanced version.

76.8 7/18/2008
* I do not have a good list of the changes yet as I am still not completely finished making some changes I have planned, but this is the fully functioning version found on my server. So will not be happy with the latest changes made and is why I will provide version 76.7, but it will no longer be supported.

Some of the major changes I can note now are that Medics CAN in fact "carry" a primary weapon, but they still can not use it... but rather it is meant to be carried to given to a fallen soldier (Medic is designed to go hand in hand with the damage mod I also have available). If you do not have or use the damage mod then you might find this "Feature" a bit frustrating.. but I stand behind the fact that what I designed is a Medic Class whose sole purpose is to heal.. not to play on the offensive... if you or someone else wants to hack it up and make a super solider with this plugin then by all means thats up to you.. the source is provided, but do not disrespect the nature of calling it a "medic" plugin when it would in fact no longer be a "medic"...

Another point that has been corrected is that Medics can no longer TOUCH flags... they can assist in capturing areas but they are unable to capture any flag (or other object) which requires a touch (tnt/stachel/objects not yet implemented) and while I wanted to prevent 1 man capture areas I have been unable to get that "number" from the proper entity (want to allow them to continue to assist 2+ captures but prevent 1 man caps - think avalanche)

There are a few other enhancements, but mostly transparent as far as overall usage is concerned, it is just better performing then previous versions.

AUTHOR INFO:
Joseph Meyers AKA =|[76AD]|= TatsuSaisei - 76th Airborne Division RANK: General of the Army
http://76AD.com
http://TatsuSaisei.com
http://JosephMeyers.com
http://CustomDoD.com

NOTE: Technically you do not need the medic sounds any longer as all the default sounds are being used now, but the model (para_medic03.mdl) goes in dod/models folder

NOTE: If you run my Damage Mod as well, be sure that it is listed BEFORE this plugin in the plugins.ini folder for proper cooperative effects...(Medic heal broken arms/legs/head trauma !!)

NOTE: Do not simply just change maps or restart the server when updating the plugin. Shut the server OFF for 1 minute then turn it back on... this will prevent alot of unexpected behavior...

NOTE: As of version 76.6 you MUST have a language file (dod_medic_class.txt) loaded on the game server for the plugin text to appear properly !! More translations will be provided as they are recieved, otherwise version 76.6 only has ENGLISH and RUSSIAN to offer for now

dod_medic_class.txt (language) Version Notes:
Version 1: English [en] only
Version 2: added Russian [ru] (credit: |OnEHiTwOnDeR|SoCal )
Version 3: added French [fr] (credit: (plugin) Pvt. Leduc [29thID] | (website) Hunney Bunney)
Version 4: added German [de] (credit: =|[76AD]|= MasterF)

=|[SALUTE]|=

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...0Medic%20Class
Attached Files
File Type: zip para_medic03.zip (134.0 KB, 772 views)
File Type: txt dod_medic_class.txt (7.6 KB, 569 views)

Source (46.6 KB, 273 views)

Source (44.2 KB, 192 views)

*NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

Last edited by =|[76AD]|= TatsuSaisei; 12-21-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM

Thank you so much Tatsu!!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 AM

Will u place the revival kit on the next update if there is any, cause as i remember the request also said that medic will get a revival kit and could revive teammates who have die in the last 5 sec.
Ip: 63.209.32.54:27015
http://www.ultradod.clanservers.com
Old 02-03-2007, 04:26 PM

Haha that's awesome. I'm going to test it out as soon as I can.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:06 PM

Wow...that mod's aweeeesome! I found a few problems, though. One of 'em is when you become a medic, you can't switch out of it unless you join a different team. Another is you can't hear the medic sound on allies side when you type /medic, but that's probably because I don't have the medic sound on my server. Other than that, good job!

Last edited by Kiel |17.SS|; 02-03-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 PM
developer
Developer

yeah I was not sure if the medic sounds were default or not... I have thousands of custom files mixed with the default ones and do not think of this when I release a plugin...

Yes there is an issue about leaving the medic class, but you simply need to choose a different class then what you are listed as in the scoreboard... I had toyed with the idea of changing the medics to "mortar" classes so that they show up different in the scoreboard, and would "fix" the probelm of changing classes...

I will work on a correction to this issue, as well as integrate some sort of custom model support (by option) for those who want it...

also I never promised a "revive" function but I will consider its implementation...

** posted zip of medic sounds used by this plugin for those who lack them.... **

*NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

Last edited by =|[76AD]|= TatsuSaisei; 02-03-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 AM

Oh I had the Rifleman class when I was medic, and when I tried to switch to a SMG, I still wouldn't get the gun. I would have to switch teams to be able to get a gun. And thanks for the sound files.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:40 PM
developer
Developer

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiel |17.SS| View Post
Oh I had the Rifleman class when I was medic, and when I tried to switch to a SMG, I still wouldn't get the gun. I would have to switch teams to be able to get a gun.

ok, I will specifically target this issue...

*NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
Old 02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
developer
Developer

NOTE: no update yet, just information.....

I sort of have a fix for the changing class issue, I will be continuing to correct that issue, but in the mean time I have added model support !!

Medics will wear a backpack pack that bears a red cross on the back and sides... each team has a subtle different hue to them (axis = black / allies = tan / brit = green) I am in the process of setting up the code to use the models and will provide screenshots/movies soon...

I have an idea to change the way medics heal, my plan is to have the medic "drop" a medkit that a player can pick up (I have made these models as well and combined them with the backpack set... only one model file for all models used by plugin) Having a medic drop a medkit would also provide a means for a medic to heal themselves, although I have to come up with some sort of limit or "punishment" for abusing the medkits selfishly.

I plan to add an option for custom med pack designs as well for if server ops want med kits to be team specific (allied medics can only heal allies...)

I also plan to make the medic backpack hang around for a bit after a player dies so if another player "touches" it they can become a medic as well (will remember how many medkits it has left) and also provide a better means of becoming a medic...

I am not sure how I would do a revive option, I do not see that as being "realistic" ... if a player dies they should stay dead ...

but any suggestions are welcome ...

NEW updates to come !!

1. Medics are wearing the backpacks
2. Medics will "drop" a medicinal bag that may be grabbed by anyone
a. If a medic tries to pick up a bag and has 100 health they will recieve an extra bag in their inventory (+1 medkit)
b. If a medic tries to pick up a bag and has less then 100 health they will recieve HALF of the amount of health assigned to each bag IF they are the owner of that bag but will recieve full health bonus if they pick up anyone elses bag
c. All others who touch the bags get the assigned bonus

There are sounds a medic will emit when they "drop" a bag, and there is a distinct sound when a player picks up a bag

The dropping of the bag will be the secondary attack for the pistols...

The secondary attack for the knife will be a "morphine injection" that will be administered by a medic within a certain distance (as it was to heal in original version) this injection will provide a temporary boost in the minimum stamina enabling a soldier to run longer and harder for a short period of time, at a minimal cost to their health (say 5-10hp).... this is currently being implemented now as I have completed the bag portion and worked out all the errors and kinks in it.

I am looking for suggestions on "rewards" that medic should recieve for healing a fellow soldier, and what "punishment" they should recieve for aiding an enemy through a "misplaced" health bag...

Medics still get an extra medkit from grabbing teammates ammo boxes

If anyone has any models they think might be good, or can MAKE a model for this plugin let me know !! I grow tired of scrounging through others models trying to find somthing useful and I do not have the time to learn to make my own...

I am knee deep in this code atm so reply quickly before the next update is released....

oh, what are some "user-friendly" ways of announcing the medic plugin and its usage and easy ways of becoming one... limits are also going to have to be considered...

*NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

Last edited by =|[76AD]|= TatsuSaisei; 02-23-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:19 PM

No suggestions, but its looking and sounding better and better by the minute.