Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DoD Spawn Protection

DoD Spawn Protection

This is my version of a spawn protection plugin, i know there are others but i didnt like them...

/* Plugin generated by AMXX-Studio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO:

Simple spawn protection.. when a player spawn he will be in godmode for <n> amount of seconds. See
    CVAR list for commands

CREDIT:

diamond-optic(www.avamods.com)
    www.dodplugins.net

CHANGELOG:

02-15-2009
    release

03-20-2009
    fixed nasty team change bug - thanks to {GSR}RollinDeath
    hud msg moved up a bit...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CVARS and default settings:

over all settings:
    dod_sp 1 // plugin on/off | 1 = on 0 = off
    dod_sp_time 8 // time to protect in seconds
    dod_sp_hud_msg 1 // hud info | 1 = on 0 = off
    dod_sp_glow 1 // glow effect | 1 = on 0 = off

glow settings:
    dod_sp_glow_color_1 192 // glow color1 RGB
    dod_sp_glow_color_2 192 // glow color2 RGB
    dod_sp_glow_color_3 192 // glow color3 RGB
    dod_sp_glow_thickness 16 // glow shell thickness

message settings:
    dod_sp_msg_color_1 // hud msg color1 RGB
    dod_sp_msg_color_2 // hud msg color2 RGB
    dod_sp_msg_color_3 // hud msg color3 RGB
    dod_sp_msg_effect 2 // hud msg effect

message effects types(dod_sp_msg_effect):
    0 = fade in/fade out
    1 = flickery credits
    2 = write out (training room)

*/
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    bugs etc goes in this thread...

- Cheers

Public Stats
    Last edited by Dr.G; 03-09-2010 at 03:23 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RollinDeath View Post
    Sorry it was a plug in allowing people to switch teams and have the wrong models. This was edited instead of double posting.
    Now I had another version of this plug in and since i found out for sure what my problem was i disabled the plug in. While I was editing the link above I found this plug in to test. Both versions allows you to switch teams at the moment of spawn. Then when you do spawn you are the enemy model in the enemy spawn point.You can not move out of spawn if there are the spawn guns. You will not take damage from the people on your original team. OH and You can rape the enemy until they realize you look like them but your not on their team.

was this plugin the one that caused problems or not?

4. Yes both causes the same problems.

i cant see that problem i just test it on local server. and i have been running it since i made it a couble of month ago... be sure its listed last of all plugins in plugins.ini

6. Code:
    Currently loaded plugins:
           name                    version     author            file             status   
     [  1] Admin Base              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running  
     [  2] Admin Commands          1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
     [  3] Admin Help              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
     [  4] Slots Reservation       1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
     [  5] Multi-Lingual System    1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
     [  6] Menus Front-End         1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
     [  7] Commands Menu           1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
     [  8] Players Menu            1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
     [  9] Maps Menu               1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
     [ 10] Admin Chat              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
     [ 11] Anti Flood              1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
     [ 12] Scrolling Message       1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
     [ 13] Info. Messages          1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
     [ 14] Admin Votes             1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  

[ 15] NextMap                 1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     nextmap.amxx     running  
     [ 16] Nextmap Chooser         1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     mapchooser.amxx  running  
     [ 17] TimeLeft                1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
     [ 18] Pause Plugins           1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amxx    running  
     [ 19] Stats Configuration     1.8.1.3746  AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running  
     [ 20] AMX Mod Compat Engine   1.76.rc4    AMXX Dev Team     amxmod_compat.a  running  
     [ 21] DoD Spawn Protection    v1.0 by Dr  Dr.G              dod_spawn_prote  running
    PHP Code:
    *{GSRRollin~Death -=SR=- joined Allies
    Dylan has joined the game
    *Dylan joined Axis
    *You will spawn as Rifleman
    *{GSRRollin~Death -=SR=- joined Axis
    *You will respawn as Grenadier
    Nicholas killed Andrew with thompson
    Aiden has joined the game
    Caden killed Matthew with kar
    Caden killed Miguel with kar
    Nicholas killed Caden with thompson
    Nicholas killed Gavin with thompson
    *Aiden joined Allies
    Jaden has joined the game
    Nicholas killed Xavier with thompson
    Nicholas killed William with thompson
    *Jaden joined Axis
    Hunter has joined the game
    another_noob
    @fps dropped
    *Hunter joined Allies
    Hunter killed 
    {GSRRollin~Death 
    I was in hunters spawn at the time of my death.

Further more I tested this on your public server. You seem to have a plug in that already blocks this exploit or glitch. When a player selects the other team they are forced to "kill" and then change to the team they have chosen. I would be happy to assist in a demonstration of this issue.

*UPDATED*

If you are using this plugin. UPDATE IT

8. Nice, the plug in seems to be working fine. Thanks!

I changed the spawn prot. to 3 and it still says 8 what am I not doing
    server ip 216.86.149.81:27018

idk, are you protected in 8 also`? jump out from something or throw a nade to test it.